Sunday 17 June 2018

YOUR SPOILT KID

dear parents,
I still remember the time we were so happy. I used to tell you everything about the day and you were so excited to know them. you taught me what is wrong and what is right but you were never unhappy with me. I still remember how peaceful it was to be hugged by you when something went wrong. crying in front you was so easy.
But suddenly everything changed as I started to grow up. Now a days when something goes wrong I feel afraid to tell you. I know you are a supporting parents. You are ready to spend 100$ if I need but sometime I just miss those old day. Sometime I want you to talk with me about my life rather than my career. Now I am mature enough to realize that I am also a part of this rat race and I always wanted to share how I feel when I fail. but everytime I fail  you made me realize that how hard you tried as a parent and how terribly I failed to reciprocate those effort but you never realized I was sad too and you never  hugged me like before. I was all alone with my things.
With time I have realized that a good time and a  bad time are just the opposite face of a coin. Every time I see darkness around me  I crave for your warmth but I fear you will blame me for the situation for you think this is the time for making career and nothing else. But You might have failed to realize that not only my limbs has grown but I developed some emotional aspects as well. For now everytime time my when my heart breaks , everytime I feel dejected  everytime   I feel alone  , I can find a group of  people ( I call them my friends) around me who feel the same as me and  listen to me. You might think they are spoiling me but at least they comforted me that night when I thought everything has ended for me.
Dear parents, I know I am unable to make you proud. I know you were far  better when you were of my age. But trust me I am not that bad as you think. This competition worries me . At every step I fear of failing. you might think I am young but I have seen how brutal human beings are. I have seen how sole mates become enemies. I have seen  how the evil ones are are living more happily. And I fear all this. I get confused whom to trust. But trust me I love you. I remember all the values you taught me. May be I can't fulfill your  expectation but deep inside I always try to male you happy. I know you are trying hard to give me the best but sometime I just wish you sit beside me and ask me "how's life?"
 from
your spoilt child .

                  ~ Anwita Nath

No comments:

Post a Comment